The project is partly sponsored by the Government of India’s Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), through the National Clean Energy Fund (NCEF), which contributes Rs. 180 per lamp (consolidated amount of Rs. 18 Crores). Their contribution is towards 1 Million lamps, to be distributed in multiple states of India. The amount sanctioned so far is Rs. 14.81 Crores.
The other part of funding is supported by Philanthropic Partners who contribute Rs. 200 per lamp (totalling Rs. 20 Crores). These philanthropic partners include state governments, Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSRs), trusts and individuals. The following are our current philanthropic partners:
1. Sri Dorabji Tata Trust (SDTT) has provided a grant of Rs. 9.99 Crores towards 4,99,895 lamps, to be distributed in multiple states in India.
2. Idea Cellular (Aditya Birla Group) has provided a grant of Rs. 7.6 Crores towards 3,57,000 lamps, to be distributed in multiple states in India.
3. Government of Madhya Pradesh has provided a grant of Rs. 4 Crores towards 2,00,000 lamps, to be distributed in various districts of Madhya Pradesh, like Shahdol, Annupur, Mandla, Betul, etc.
4. Tata Motors has provided a grant of Rs. 17 Lakhs towards 8,500 lamps, to be distributed in the Mokhada and Junnar regions of Maharashtra.
5. Larsen & Toubro Ltd has provided grant of Rs. 22 lakhs towards 11,000 lamps to be distributed in the Sangamner and Akole blocks of Ahmendnagar district in Maharashtra.
6. Sheba Properties Ltd (a subsidiary of Tata Motors Ltd.) has provided grant of Rs. 7 lakhs towards 3,500 lamps to be distributed in the Jawhar and Mokhada blocks of Palghar district in Maharashtra.
7. Mrs & Mrs. Manoharan Senthil have provided a grant of Rs. 2 Lakhs towards 1,000 lamps, to be distributed in any region of India.
The above contributions help to provide solar study lamps at a subsidized price of Rs. 120 to school students in rural areas. This project covers CSR objectives like education, green energy, rural empowerment and health. It also connects the industry and NGOs in meeting the common goal of rural development.
Organizations and individuals interested in becoming a philanthrophic partner in this project kindly contact: Prof. Chetan Solanki (email@example.com), Prof.N.C.Narayanan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Jayendran V (email@example.com)